Sheltered Housing is a group of self-contained flats or bungalows that have been specifically designed for older people to live independently with the peace of mind of residing within a safe and secure environment.
Offering easy to manage homes with the reassurance of professional help at hand if needed, our Sheltered Housing Schemes are ideal if you want a stress free retirement.
Orbit South has 22 Sheltered Schemes in the South East.
Although there are lots of variations in design between each Scheme, most of our accommodation includes:
- A mixture of studio, 1 or 2 bed self contained flats.
- All accommodation includes own bathroom & kitchens – many adapted to meet the needs of customers with mobility issues.
- Telecare monitoring equipment – state of the art system that provides additional sensors within the accommodation to monitor the safety and well-being of the customer – a falls sensor or a flood sensor are two very popular examples of how this equipment can provide peace of mind to customers and relatives that should an emergency arise, specialist staff are available to respond 24 hours a day, 365 days a year,
- Video Door Entry System – To provide added security, the door entry system allows you not only to speak to the person via an intercom unit, but also to see the person via a digital CCTV camera that transmits the images onto your television screen in your flat.
- A range of communal facilities, such as laundry, lounge, gardens, hairdresser salon, I.T. suite, guest room, health suites, shops & on site restaurants.
- A Handyman service that can help with tasks like putting up shelves, hanging pictures/curtains & assembling flat pack furniture.
- A professional team of Support Staff available Mon-Friday who will provide an individual support service that will provide assistance & enable tenants to live as independently as possible in their own homes.
The Role Of The Tenancy Support Team
The role of the Scheme based Support Team is to provide support to tenants. The support provided is tailored to individual needs and can be flexible as needs change.
Support Staff will:
- Help you settle into your new home & explain how everything works.
- Make regular contact with each tenant to monitor health & wellbeing.
- Deal with emergencies.
- Support & encourage social activities.
- Report & monitor communal repairs and maintenance work.
- Give advice and help tenants access other services as required, such as social services, homecare, doctors etc.
- Assist and support tenants to manage there tenancy – budgeting, form filling, reporting repairs etc.
- Monitoring & checking all aspects of Health & Safety in the building.
Where Are Our Schemes In The South?
Below are the Orbit South Older Persons Schemes, please click on the Scheme name to display further details of the specific Scheme.
Bexley Area Schemes:
Tel: 0208 3117161
169 Hazel Road
Tel: 01322 351169
Tel: 01322 435919
Tel: 01322 430577
246 Park Crescent
Tel: 01322 331882
Tel: 01322 331903
Tel: 01322 337753
Chatham Area Schemes:
Tel: 01634 818677
Tel: 01634 725168
Hastings Area Schemes:
Sherwood House & Close
Tel: 01424 720095
Thanet Area Schemes:
Craven Court & Close
Tel: 01843 292517
Tel: 01843 871101
Tel: 01843 595900
Tel: 01843 594158
Powell Cotton Drive
Tel: 01843 843794
150 Canterbury Road
Tel: 01843 299223
To learn more about Victoria Villa click here
Tel: 01843 864856
Tel: 01843 594289
Tel: 01843 584635
3-9 St Mildreds Road
Tel: 01843 586822
Tel: 01843 292480
How To Find Out More…..
If you would like to speak to someone to find out how to apply for any of our Schemes, please telephone our Customer Service Centre on
0800 678 1221
and ask to be put through to the Lettings Department for the geographical area you are interested in.
Alternatively, you can contact the Scheme direct to arrange an informal visit to the Scheme you are interested in.